Menu
DSymonds
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Internet recently slowing down

Hi, for the past month my internet has been much slower and has started to disconnect frequently. I have run a speed test and am getting 15mbps. Streaming apps and even normal webpages are loading slowly, whereas before this problem started there was no buffer time at all. I have rebooted and done a factory reset, as well as checking all cables are connected properly. I have a M350 broadband and have never had a problem before.
I noticed another post that appeared to be an identical problem, for this user a virgin staff member asked for account details and the user then marked the problem as solved. I'm not sure what else to try so am hoping that someone can help.

Thanks 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet recently slowing down

Are these issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

And what are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
DSymonds
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for getting back to me.

I have checked the speed while connected by ethernet and it is similar, 13 mbps. The connection problem is on all devices, several times a day all devices connected to the router (normally 4 maximum) will say they have lost connection from the internet, then reconnect after about 10 minutes.

The lights on the front of the box have been many combinations. Currently the bottom light is white and solid, but this has been solid green or flashing green occasionally over the past few weeks. The lights above it are currently all coming on every 5 seconds roughly, sometimes flashing, sometimes solid, sometimes only the middle of the three is flashing while the other are solid. This morning at times just the wifi light was solid green with the solid white light on at the bottom. Apologies if this is confusing, but there hasn't been much of a pattern.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Try this first. Then Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub, and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 seconds, release the pin, leave for 10’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time.

See if that sorts it

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos