cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet keeps dropping both wifi and wired

stevemagee60
Tuning in

Internet keeps dropping on both wifi and wired we probably notice it a couple of times a day but could be more.  This is the logs from the router but no idea what it means?

Time Priority Description

03/01/2022 00:21:0noticeLAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
02/01/2022 21:44:55noticeDHCP Renew - lease parameters tftp file-cmreg-vmdg505-bbt057+voc-b.cm modified;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
02/01/2022 21:44:55ErrorDHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
02/01/2022 16:46:38noticeLAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
31/12/2021 16:30:46criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
30/12/2021 14:13:41noticeLAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
30/12/2021 09:44:55noticeDHCP Renew - lease parameters tftp file-cmreg-vmdg505-bbt057+voc-b.cm modified;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
30/12/2021 09:44:55ErrorDHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
27/12/2021 11:17:44criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
26/12/2021 21:44:55noticeDHCP Renew - lease parameters tftp file-cmreg-vmdg505-bbt057+voc-b.cm modified;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
26/12/2021 21:44:55ErrorDHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
25/12/2021 15:53:11criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
24/12/2021 00:28:24noticeDHCP Renew - lease parameters tftp file-cmreg-vmdg505-bbt057+voc-b.cm modified;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
24/12/2021 00:28:24ErrorDHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
23/12/2021 17:11:37criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
23/12/2021 15:44:44noticeLAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
19/12/2021 20:23:15criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
19/12/2021 06:01:33noticeDHCP Renew - lease parameters tftp file-cmreg-vmdg505-bbt057+voc-b.cm modified;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
19/12/2021 06:01:33ErrorDHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
16/12/2021 17:32:22criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
25 REPLIES 25

Hi Alessandro, Thanks for replying. the speed tests were done on wifi as there was 'no internet' when wired. what other speed tests are there or what would you recommend? Right now i'm getting 0.68 Mbps download 0.68 Mbps upload on wifi and this time it won't even connect through the wire.  

speedtest.net

What do you mean "no internet" when wired?

Are you in Modem Mode or Router Mode?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

in Router Mode, Modem mode would stop everything right?  I mean when I try to connect wired and I go to Network status Ethernet at the minute it doesn't even recognize being that it is plugged in. and says 'Not Connected' but when it did connect last night it said 'connected no internet' 

Many thanks

Steve

Hi stevemagee60,

Thank you for reaching out to us, I have had a look at things our end and I can see you have spoken to us since your last post, how are things Today, have you checked to see what speed is hitting the Router at SamKnowsRealSpeed.com?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul, I am still struggling unfortunately. The speed in general I'm getting is about 12.45 PING ms 12 DOWNLOAD Mbps 21.51 UPLOAD Mbps 8.01 on this devise or slightly faster in the 30s on new devices. Realize that looks ok however my wife works on a new work laptop (usually it's ok and she has had upto 50-60 at times however she run sessions (zoom) between 6-8 on Tuesdays and from 11-13.00 on Saturdays it always seems to be really slow before and during those times. Last Tuesday or saturday it was below 1 even after discounting all other devises in the house and the other was 2 or 3.  On Wednesday just gone I was getting 0.68 Mbps download 0.68 Mbps upload for a good while.  

Pluging in also seems to randomly have no internet and that seems to be becoming more frequent.  

I have scanned for black stops which the app said there wasn't, the checks on the website suggested boaster but that hasn't made any difference either. Could there be something wrong with the router that's causeing its I think it's just over a year old but we are on ?    

I  can't seem to use Samknows so these results are from https://www.speedtest.net/  

We are on Virgin Media M100 Fibre Broadband if that makes any difference.  

Many thanks
Steve

Hi Steve, 

Thank you for getting back to us. 

Having had a look on our systems again today we are still not picking up any issues in terms of speed. Sam knows is showing no disconnections in the last week, and average speeds of 111 download and 10 upload coming into your hub. 

There are also still no signal level issues on your upstream or downstream channels. 

We are picking up one short term connectivity issue that should be resolved soon, however I have also logged your issues on our systems again. We are also picking up some wifi quality issues within your home. 

Apologies if you have been asked to do this before but could you check all of the connections coming into your hub are nice an secure? It may also be worth doing a pinhole reset. (Please be aware this will return your hub to factory settings, and so any personalised settings will be lost, and need to be re-se-up.)

Let us know how you get on! All the best. 

Molly

Thanks Molly, It has improved a bit at least the times my wife is working. I have done the pinhole reset last week, I will go back over the wires going into it in more detail. it couldn't be the hub its self could it? It's a year old but I saw that there was newer versions how much would it be to get a new one? 

on the wifi quality issues within the home it always seems to be strong and when I walk around the house running the app it says the coverage is fine. I have added a boaster anyways.

Steve 

Thanks Steve,

Everything is still looking good from our side today,

I would say where possible to move some of the wireless devices to an Ethernet connection to see if this shows any improvement.

Let us know how you get on.

Alex_Rm

9grg9arg
On our wavelength

Hello,

It is Robert again.  Over the past few days I keep losing internet connection (again both WI-FI and hard wire) from between a few minutes to over half an hour.  Do you know if Virgin have a problem?

Robert

Hi @9grg9arg, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns with your connection.

I've ran some checks for you and there aren't any service issues, and all the power levels are within specifications so there shouldn't be any issues at the moment.

How are things today for you?

Many thanks

Tom_W