Menu
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 11 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Internet keeps disconnecting

@GillyGhoul wrote:

Well, when I had it installed, I did check with the engineer and he said as its such a large, deep cupboard, and nothing else in there except the cctv, it would be fine!! I mean, I wouldnt knie,so can only go on the advice of the so called ' expert'...

What is the " third party equipment" you refer to? Because I HAVE to do something....I cant even watch a one hour tv programme without it disconnecting 2 or 3 times! 

You could look at a Gigabit enabled Router or Mesh System to give you better and stronger  Wi-Fi coverage.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
GillyGhoul
Tuning in
Message 12 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou for your suggestions re routers . No idea what they are, but will look into this!! Very helpful....more so than bloomin' VM...who have been totally useless for 4 months!!!!

0 Kudos
GillyGhoul
Tuning in
Message 13 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Well...possibly neighbours have it as we ONLY have VM fibre in our road. Believe me, if there was any other option, I would have changed!! 

I dont know about frequencies...surely a VM engineer should know about this? It may be something they can look at...IF I COULD get in contact with anyone!!

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 14 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@GillyGhoul wrote:

Well...possibly neighbours have it as we ONLY have VM fibre in our road. Believe me, if there was any other option, I would have changed!! 

I dont know about frequencies...surely a VM engineer should know about this? It may be something they can look at...IF I COULD get in contact with anyone!!

Virgin won’t send out an engineer for WiFi issues

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
BrianY
Rising star
Message 15 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@GillyGhoul: Have you tried dowloading inssider as I mentioned?
You can see your own wireless signal and compare with others, all it needs is a neighbours wireless signal to be stronger than hub3 will cause problems for you.
0 Kudos
GillyGhoul
Tuning in
Message 16 of 19
Flag for a moderator

No...I didnt notice that...what is inssider????

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 17 of 19
Flag for a moderator

It is a small program that gives you indications of the different Wi-Fi SSIDs that can be 'seen' by your PC.

The pro version is used a lot by networking professionals.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Laura33
Joining in
Message 18 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Gilly, I go through the executive team. Here is their fans mail address. 
Executiveteam@virginmedia.co.uk

I hope this helps. 

GillyGhoul
Tuning in
Message 19 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Ooohhh...thankyou!!! 

0 Kudos