cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet keeps cutting out

amahamud
Joining in

I have had issues with my Virgin Media internet for several years, last year I purchased an Amplifi 4-Ports Home Wi-Fi System AFI HD Wireless Router and my internet connection overall improved.

My internet recently keeps disconnecting several times during the day, this issue existed before I purchased the router. All the connections are plugged in as they should be.

My router is Amplifi and I am on M200 fibre 

10 REPLIES 10

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Possibly a circuit problem. Go into your hub on 192.168.100.1 and post your up/downstream stats and network log. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

I reset my Wifi last night and it works now but this is usually a temp fix.Screenshot 2021-10-06 at 12.37.08.pngScreenshot 2021-10-06 at 12.37.20.pngScreenshot 2021-10-06 at 12.37.32.png

I was told to hide my MAC addressScreenshot 2021-10-06 at 12.48.48.png

Hi @amahamud,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you have been having intermittent issues with your service. We are however glad that @Tudor was able to help.

Please continue to monitor your service and let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I can only see 9 downstream instead of 24? One of the upstream channels is on 16QAM when it should be 64 QAM. You probably need technician’s visit to rectify.

Check with Area faults on  0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150

If no faults found:

Call Customer Services on 0345 454 1111 or if you have a VM landline 150

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @amahamud thanks for coming back to us.

Sorry to hear your intermittent internet connection is still ongoing.  I would like to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi @amahamud thanks for coming back to me via private message.

I have booked the first available technician to attend your property.  You can view and amend your appointment here.

Regards

Lee

Thanks for booking in my appointment, to be clear my internet is currently working fine apart from the odd drop in connection after reseting last week. However I know this issue will be back in days or weeks, will this be an issue with engineer?

Hi @amahamud

Just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R