Menu
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 21 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet goes down every day, just like many other users, but apparently I need to post my ow...

Thanks for your reply Flying_Kiwi

I can and will be using this as feedback to pass onto the relevant Team 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
knfruitbat
On our wavelength
Message 22 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet goes down every day, just like many other users, but apparently I need to post my ow...

So this is still happening pretty much every night.

Is anyone from Virgin actually going to get this fixed? Or do I need to take my business elsewhere to get reliable internet. There is no reason or excuse to be having updates more than once a month.

As previously stated this is not affecting the other hubs of my neighbours as I can still see their wifi connections. When it goes down on my hub it takes everything with it and the hub resets.

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 23 of 30
Flag for a moderator

@knfruitbat Could you post the hub status data again?  Appreciate that you're thinking "why bother, VM won't take ownership", but if you want a working connection....

I believe that @ravenstar68 and @jbrennand are entirely correct, that the reliability problem is an upstream noise issue causing connection problems, and that VM have unfortunately been a little too happy to assign your problem to other known area faults.  Your reliability fault can probably be fixed, although if there's an area over-utilisation (congestion) fault, then that's an entirely separate issue that possibly won't be solved - VM's track record on those is very poor, and stated fix dates mean nothing.  Over-utilisation manifests as poor latency, that podges up gaming and videocalls, whereas upstream noise typically manifests as intermittent connectivity.

So, if you want your connection working as well as it can (subject to over-utilisation) then post up a new set of data (ideally not when you've rebooted the hub, that clears the error counters).  If you've had enough, then it's time to review other ISP options.  If you want to move and you're in a fixed term contract there may be some machinations to be released without penalty, we can talk you through your options if that's necessary.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 24 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to say @knfruitbat but our team are still working on the High Utilisation issues - which started on 13/02/21 and is due to come to an end on 25/05/21

Our team will be doing all they can to have this resolved for you and the other residents as soon as they possibly can

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 25 of 30
Flag for a moderator

@David_Bn 

Can I suggest you read through @Andrew-G 's post again.

This is exactly what he and I were referring to.   It's all to easy to let this go because of the existing high utilisation issue, but this looks to be something else altogether.

BTW - the "Fix date" on utilisation issues are often review dates, as many of these require new infrastructure in order to resolve.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 26 of 30
Flag for a moderator

And just to add some icing to the cake, I'll rejoin with the fact that I don't believe VM fix dates for over-utilisation.  Ever.  The company have made and broken promises as a matter of routine and practice for years on this matter, and whilst I appreciate that's not the forum staff's responsibility, it inevitably reflects badly on the company when we get to the claimed fix date, the problem remains and the fix date is simply moved a month or so ahead.  In most of these cases I simply cannot believe ANYBODY is working hard to resolve them.

Sorry if that's not a welcome comment, but if the leopard can change it's spots, then I'll change my opinion.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 27 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Credit where credit is due - I had a utilisation/capacity issue, albeit not a "major" one, that resulted in my BQM looking like this:

gary_dexter_0-1621504957986.png

It took a few months of nagging and convincing on this forum to get it investigated properly, but sure enough it was fixed:

gary_dexter_1-1621505014989.png

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 28 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Gary.... Just wondering on the timing of this "fix". Has it corresponded to a predictable drop in usage due to Covid restrictions being lifted and fewer customers working from home, or at home on furlough, and the ending of home schooling, etc,etc?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
knfruitbat
On our wavelength
Message 29 of 30
Flag for a moderator

I am not in a contract any more and Virgin don't seem to give a toss, so think I will be spending my time looking at alternatives rather than waiting for VM staff to provide anything constructive.

I have reported multiple times and have no intention of entering into a new contract while they leave problem solving to other customers and will not even do basic eliminating like providing a new hub or getting an engineer to check external connections.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 30 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to us @jnfruitbat 

I have taken a further look over the account and I really do apricate the contribution from the other forum members, we are not able to arrange engineer visits or replace the hubs whilst there is an open area outage. 

We do understand the frustration this has caused.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos