Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Internet drops through night

Hi,

Hub 3 in modem mode is suffering internet outage every night for last week or so. Roughly same time between midnight and 1am. 

TV remains on throughout and WiFi signal from Asus Router is fine, it's purely a loss of internet to the Hub 3. Green double arrow flashing for a bit then base light flashes green as though trying to reboot and cycles like this for the period of the outage.

Off for around an hour then seems to re-establish connection itself.  Power cycle has no effect.

Online help identified an issue and progressed to engineer visit but would be good to avoid that if possible.

Kit ran as is in previous property for a few weeks then moved house. Worked ok for first couple of weeks then dropping every night, so the move is probably unrelated.

Thanks in advance

Rich

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet drops through night

Good Afternoon RichieC43,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and I'm sorry to see you've been having issues with the broadband connection dropping through the night.

Is this issue still on going?

I've taken a look into the account and can see that there are no outages currently showing in the local area, the hub however is currently showing as unreachable - this hub currently switched on?

Have you been able to set up a BQM that identifies the drops in connection at these hours?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, seemed to have resolved itself, not noticed a drop out for a couple of days.

The hub is connected so not sure why it's not reachable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's http://192.168.0.1 in router mode and http://192.168.100.1 in modem mode.

If its not working on wifi try clearing the cache and also using an ethernet connection.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Not sure what you mean John, everything is now working correctly and I have access to both the Hub and Router.

It was David_bn that said the hub wasn't accessible.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ahh yes - my bad!! I had sped through that one and just saw your comment "The hub is connected so not sure why it's not reachable." in message 3. I'll get me coat 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos