Menu
ester83
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Internet dropping out frequently for me and neighbour

Both me and my nextdoor neighbour are experiencing frequent losses of internet for varying amounts of time over the last week or so.

We have terrible mobile signal here on any network so this makes running the tests available on the website impossible during an outage, going on the virgin media website just tells me to it can't log me in and to check my internet connection which is somewhat ironic. If we test when the internet is working = no faults found.

On one occasion on checking the area by postcode it did say there was a known problem in our area, but most of the time it says there are no problems (there are)

Turning router on and off/factory reset seems to help at the time but if I don't do that it tends to come back on after a period anyway so the above might not actually be doing anything given that we are experiencing drop outs at exactly the same time. 

What do we do now? Haven't found an easy way to report an issue so that virgin know that there is one occuring in our area to come and look at? both trying to work from home with not much success at the moment.

Thanks for any help

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet dropping out frequently for me and neighbour

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info.

But even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
ester83
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, Still not sure how I'm able to tell virgin there is a problem though. I was told to post on here by their twitter and it would get picked up, hopefully as already dropped twice in the last half hour this morning.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Rule 1 - dont believe anything on twitter.

VM staff usually take 5-10 days to respond to threads on here. Call it in on 150 (VM Phone) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone) and see what they say when they test the connection. Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) - is the best time to get through quickly.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos