cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet down to VM Gateway

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

So its down but docsis is up ARP and DHCP is up so is VM DNS but anything else is down😟

My Broadband Ping - Gateway

---------------------------------------------------------------
30 REPLIES 30

And here we go again! My work VPN dropped me. Can get to the forums and some sites, but others and my work VPN are no go

Just switched to OpenDNS to add this post.

VM Residential DNS timed out.

Access to email servers of 123reg has been lost.

yep looks like its busted again. some traffic still working (pre-established connections) but new connections are no-go

I'm using Google DNS on my Asus Router (Hub in modem only mode)

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
I have DNS run by EE 4G and other traffic by VM which I can get to most sites like that.
---------------------------------------------------------------

scatterkeir
Up to speed

I believe it's a BGP problem rather than a DNS problem - for instance twitter.com is being successfully resolved to 104.244.42.129, there's just no path to it.

My internet was down completely while it was configured to use Virgin Media DNS. Changed it to Google servers and it's working again. Well, all except VM websites such as Service Status.

I'm hoping that what ever caused the problem was also the reason for the increasing number of Packet Loss warnings I've started receiving over the last 1-2 weeks.

I guess we'll get an update by 8am tomorrow as they may well have already left the office for the day and there'll be no one left to deal with it!

jhuk
Trouble shooter

Same again.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, looks like it's back up, BQM's are now responding.  Fingers crossed !

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Things are still hit and miss. Some sites are dog slow to load and fail.
Good news - I don't need my Work VPN now LOL