Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Internet disconnected - new dlink Ac2600

Hi gang, 

I bought a new router as my WiFi was rubbish using the hub 3.

Ive put my hub in modem mode and the light is magenta. 

I've plugged the cable from my hub into the back of the dlink where it says Internet. 

I've gone through the set up on the router and... nothing. The router Internet light is red and when Ive gone to the admin page of the router it says Internet disconnected. I click the CLICK TO REPAIR button, install device, it then says configure and I click top one Dchp. Put in dlink name and password, then admin password click Next then wait 30 seconds and still nothing.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks all. 

Frank. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Internet disconnected - new dlink Ac2600

Try this

Power off the Hub3.

Then, set up your own router with the WAN port set to be in DHCP mode. Make sure it’s fully initialised (leave 5 min) and then put in the Cat 5E/6 cable to the Hub 3.

Now power up the VM hub and you should get a connection. This order only needs to be done the first time you connect your own router to the VM hub.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson

Ex UK Armed Forces
Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Booom.... You is da man. 

Thanks mate. I was going nuts and you fixed it in seconds. 

Cheers. 

Frank. 

0 Kudos
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It's only what I learned from some of the best posters on here.

The thanks should be aimed at them.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson

Ex UK Armed Forces
Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.
0 Kudos