cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Intermittently Cutting Out during the day for 1-2 mins

aliyanik
Tuning in
Hi,

As suggested, i am opening a new thread for my issue. i have the exact same problem like some others. Internet cuts intermittently during the day for 1-2 mins for the last 6 months. I had no such problem before and this is so annoying. I tried to call you but couldn't reach your call center. Can you please urgently help me  since this starts to affect my job as well as kids' zoom meetings?

I was a big ambassador for Virgin broadband before but can't recommend it to anyone else anymore because of this disrupting issue.

Regards
Ali
25 REPLIES 25

Thank you for that information. We have checked over your account and levels on our side and everything is looking to be in the clear. 

We can see your hub has been continually active through the last 2 visits. What we would advise is fully powering down you hub for around 5 minutes then power it back on and monitor it for 48 hours. After the 48 hours we would be able to review the levels again. 

^Martin

Martin,

what do you mean by “in the clear”?

intermittent cut happened yesterday when i was watching netflix exactly between 21:00-21:01. 

All internet stopped for 1 min, green wireless sign was shown on router and we needed to wait to connect and continue watching.

That doesn’t seem like in the clear to me??

Martin,

As i understand you are a Virgin employee?

As i wrote here multiple times your own technician (2nd one, who came in 25th June) told me that same issue happens with several accounts in this area. Is anyone looking into that? Rather than asking me continuously about my router stats, why don’t you look into the root cause of the issue?

Thanks for your replies, aliyanik,

Sorry to hear that you have been having ongoing connection issues. How has things been since your post?
I have run another remote diagnostic and have not been able to identify any issues with your connection. We do ask about your connections as you are reporting problems that we aren't able to identify from here. Are these drops happening on wired connections or only the wireless?
We can also provide online broadband help here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/services-support/broadband
Let us know if you need any further help.

Cheers,
Corey C

Yes it still happens. Intermittent cut just happened at 20:30 on 04/07.

i don’t have any wired devices and no cable to connect.

Have  your network people checked the network in my area?

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @aliyanik 

I have just checked over the network from here and there are some issues present, I have raised this with the networking team to investigate further.

Kind regards,

Zak_M