Menu
Robert36668
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Internet Dropping

I am a new user of VM Broadband services and when the service went live all seemed to be fine and all my devices in all associated rooms, connected and worked fine. Then the house had a power cut and since then only the devices within the same room as the Hub now connect. All devices in the other rooms will frequently connect and then disconnect throughout the day. I have reset the hub, powered it off and on and this works for a short period then the loss of Internet connectivity returns. I have added 2 x Netgear N300 Wifi Extenders and again this worked for a time and now also experiences the same problems. I never had these sorts of issues when with BT or Vodafone, so why with VM, as it appears the Internet signal just cannot reach other rooms. 

NB. No changes have been made within the house that might account for the loss of signal.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet Dropping

Assuming your wired connections are all ok (are they?) then as VM don’t “guarantee” speeds over wifi (only ethernet cables) they only now supply “wifi pods” (not “boosters”). These are free to customers on the 1GB or Ultimate Oomph packages, and so are worth trying if you are on one of those.

Otherwise, you will be charged £5/month - and at that level of investment you would soon pay off that cost by buying your own better quality wireless equipment (not extenders) which will solve any wifi issues permanently, and will be transferable to other BB suppliers kit should you move supplier.

Get either a…
(1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point or (4) A combination of (2) & (3).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Robert36668
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet Dropping

Thanks for the reply l was hoping not to go down that route but if that is the only solution then l will investigate further.

0 Kudos