Menu
AnilPatel
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Internet Constantly Dropping in WS10

Hi, is anyone else having constant internet (wired and wireless) drop outs on weekdays only in the WS10 area since mid January.

VM app says problem with service, book engineer, auto text cancels the booking after an  hour. Phoned the call centre, "We can't help until Thursday when the improvement fix is carried out". Useless CS, one even said it's illegal to sent engineer out.

Rebooted router twice today, working as I write this but, down longer than working today.

Anyone from VM listening or caring, now that you've had my DD payment last week. I have at least 2 key workers needing the internet !

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet Constantly Dropping in WS10

What does VM "say" about known faults in your location?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

Also, in the meantime... If you haven’t already, set up a free and secure “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph” (as per instructions on the TB website) when it starts to develop.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos