Menu
Rowkz
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent service outage

Hi. All Virgin customers on my street in Brighton have had intermittent service for almost a week now, and precisely nothing is being done. It is impossible to speak to somebody. I just keep getting referred to the contact number that contains only recorded messages. I’m at a loss. I feel like the only option left is to just cancel and go elsewhere for my internet. One of the totally useless Twitter team seemed to suggest that if I post here an engineer might see it. Feels like clutching at straws but I’ve tried everything else! HELP!

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent service outage

Have you checked the 'Check Service Status' at the top of the page ?

Try phoning 0800 561 0061, this will tell you of more local issues that may be affecting your district. Be aware that it isn't a manned line.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent service outage

If possible can you set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you should post the link straight away.

Please post a 'Live Link' to your BQM on here straight away.

Instructions for posting BQM Live Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and in the ‘text to display’ box write My BQM then click OK - you can post the link straight away.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos