Menu
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 11 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent problem with wifi

What is connected ? How many simultaneous connections are there?

Your own router? PC? Laptop? Switch? NAS? TV's? Doorbells? Cameras? Firesticks? NowTV boxes? etc...

Or is it just the one?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
AndyP2609
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Wired connections : V6, my PC and the TV
Wifi: four phones and a couple of Google Home devices

I've got 500Mb/s so should comfortably handle all of this.

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi @AndyP2609,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some problems with your wired connections recently. I've checked the systems on our end and I'm unable to detect any faults on the line currently to explain these problems you're experiencing. Are these ongoing today for you?

If they are, can you please ensure that all cables to and from the router are completely secured and tight? If you, please also set up and share with us a live BQM so that we can see your connection in real-time.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
AndyP2609
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 15
Flag for a moderator

So, after all the hassle with the helpline advising about rebooting the hub, and issues around getting an engineer out to investigate, I had to raise a complaint.  The upshot was that an engineer WAS sent out, and the problem seemed to be an issue with corroded connector on the feed into the house.  Replacement connectors fitted and all (currently) seems to be OK.

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi AndyP2609, 

Thanks for coming back to us and letting us know that things are resolved for you now. I'm glad an engineer was able to come out and they were able to find a cause. 

Please keep us posted on how you get on and if there is anything else we can do, you know where we are. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos