Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent internet connection

Hi I appear to be having intermittent internet connection issues. It seems like my internet is working but drops on occasion for 5-20 seconds causing me to lose connection to video games and online calls. It seems like quite a few people seem to be having the same issue at the moment.

It periodically drops connection from all devices (laptops, nintendo switch and android/apple phones). I have factory reset the router to try and fix and have separated the 5GHz and 2.4GHz signals thinking that was the issue (it wasnt).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

0 Kudos
Up to speed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent internet connection

Hi,

You don't mention if you are just using WiFi or are also experiencing the issues when using a cabled connection to the router?

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've been using both to try and isolate the issue but I think its mainly happening over wireless. I hooked up the ethernet to check router settings directly but couldn't see any immediate issues. 

0 Kudos
Up to speed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi - so when on a wired connection it's OK? Issues only on WiFi?
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just tried with the ethernet once I noticed another dip in wireless and couldn't seem to access the internet.

Have just reset from the router again after router cycled between solid white base led and green arrows flashing, to solid green base led and green arrows flashing. The router dashboard says access denied and 'No RF signal detected'

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi AugustC123, 

Thank you for posting to Community, 

I am very sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with the service. 

With the green arrows flashing, it would usually indicate an update on the Hub but if they continue to flash for over 30 minutes we would recommend rebooting the equipment.

With the base light, it shouldn't be turning green but does turn yellow which can look a little lime greeny, is it possible this was the case? 

I have checked everything from our side and I am not showing any known issues in the area and all the stats from the Hub are where we would expect. 

How is the service since Saturday? Has there been any improvements?

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos