Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent internet - area 20

My internet is up and down a ridiculous amount. Both wired and wireless. It'll last for hours without any issues then drops out every few minutes / seconds until I reboot the hub. This may / may not sort it for a while. Any suggestions?

TIA

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent internet - area 20

Have you checked for “known network faults”?
As well as the “check service,” weblink (at the top of this forum board), there is also a Service Status freephone number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Service Status web page) - that may give you more info.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm in area 20 as well, there is currently outage going on in area 20 which will cause slow broadband and intermittent connection loss. You should count yourself lucky because I've been without internet or TV since Friday because for some reason this outage caused complete downtime for me. I already called VM and they said the ETA for fix in area 20 is 24th April 9am, but because of coronovirus, I wouldn't be surprised if this gets pushed back.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm in area 20 also and I've been having similar issues since April 4th. Random disconnects and hub rebooting. Managed to get an engineer to come out and he said "I'm going to check something at the cabinet" that's the last heard from him or saw him . Thought it had been sorted as stayed on all day Sunday and most of Monday then went off again about 6pm Monday evening. Up until the start of April mine has been fine, there must be some issue some where. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

What Area of Area20 are yous in?

I'm in The South Manchester Area20

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi englishbloke, thanks for posting.

I am sorry yo hear you're having issues with your connection.  To investigate this further I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear this Rustybender,

I can check this for you if you wish?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

HI Vialli33.  Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your connection.

I am sorry yo hear you're having issues with your connection.  To investigate this further I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi RustyBender,

I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope of the top right of your screen,

Regards
Lee_R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I’m area 20 too, Staffordshire. I’ve gone from speeds of 200mb+ in March to speeds of 78 and packet loss and high ping. 

its 10am on the 24th and it’s just as bad, can you give us an update on how the fix is going? I’m supposed to be working from home (lucky enough to be able to) but it’s very difficult with this connection. 

0 Kudos