cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent connection

ellisb51
Joining in

Hi,

My broadband runs generally fine (set up a TB quality monitor and there are no real issues). It seems to be an issue with dropping Wi-Fi connections to various devices. The wired connections are fine. Often on iPhone and iPad the wheel is left spinning and then when it does connect there is often no internet. This happens very regularly (every 20 mins) at all times of the day and has been going on for around a month. 
I have done all the recommended actions and am now out of ideas. Any help much appreciated.

see router stats below

34 REPLIES 34

Hi @ellisb51

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I'm going to private message you now to take a look further into this, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have monitored this as instructed by VM Tech appt. - there has been a decrease in the occurrence of these disconnections after he changed all cabling.

However they are still happening (maybe once a day now instead of 3/4 times). However this is still extremely inconvenient as often I am on Teams meetings when this happens and I can't reconnect for 15-30 mins due to having to restart hub multiple times, and then having to use my personal hotspot (4G) to reconnect when it doesn't work.

He did say that the next step would be to replace the hub (however he did mention a lot of 'uncorrected errors' from the cabinet due to the density of VM connections) - surely this is something that needs to be looked at to improve service.

I would be grateful if someone could book this in as I can't go for much longer with these disconnections as they are impacting my work.

Hi @ellisb51

Thanks for the update. I am glad to hear things are better. As you've mentioned though it's not sorted and about the tech saying to call it in after monitoring, I've mailed the field team with your comments to see how they'd now like to proceed.

I'd rather do this than book a tech if that's not going to be the solution and waste everyone's time etc. 

I shall be in touch when I know more.;

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi @ellisb51

Just a quick update from the field team. The tech who visited is back at work tomorrow. So will be contacting you then 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Okay thanks @John_GS

Wow one rule for me and a different for someone else.... my account is getting disconnected same issue yet this guy doesn't get his account disconnected something not right here

Why would your/my account be disconnected? What’s that got to do with this issue?

Had tech visit yesterday, changed hub for new one. However this morning another 15 minute drop of internet from 10:45-11:00. I cannot continue to work like this - there is clearly an issue with the outside network.

Is there anything that can be done?

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update @ellisb51.

I'm very sorry to hear this, I appreciate how frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

I've had a look into your account and I cannot see any issues that could be causing this, how have things been performing since posting?

If you're still having issues, I'd advise re booting your modem so the diagnostics refresh on our end. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Sofia, I am writing this after a further disconnection today.
I have provided link to my BQM set up after new hub was activated.
Rebooting does absolutely nothing as above.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/eb89511fbffb532e0e83e0e4e20f98e685...