cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent connection issues

Lukenorth
Joining in

I'm having issues with my broadband, where sometimes the connection is perfectly fine and getting the advertised download speeds, but then at other times I have very slow wifi or no WiFi connection at all in certain areas of the house.

I had the same issue around a month ago and it was resolved, some kind of power issue, but now the issue has come back.

Any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this
________

Are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

What Hub model is it? What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens if a Hub3 is the base light a steady white(ish) or flashing green?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi John thanks for the response.

We don't have any devices connected by ethernet so I couldn't say. Most of the time it's a steady white light....when the wifi is off/slow if I get closer to the hub internet seems to pick back up again.

Hi there @Lukenorth 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your connections. I have taken a look on our side and I cannot see anything that could be causing these issues. 

Can I ask how things have been since your last post?