cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Wifi after update - Hub in modem mode

Gknxxp
Tuning in

Hi there,

we recently had our wifi out for the night in our local area whilst they performed an upgrade. And since then I’ve had none stop issues

My router is in modem mode and connected to my nighthawk mesh router and before this upgrade I’d had 0 problems my wifi was perfect: since then everything’s going wrong. 

I’ve reset both numerous times, last week I managed to get to them working again but it has just gone off again now 

At one point it was letting me connect to any other SSID apart from my normal one which all my devices are connected to, I don’t know what’s going on 

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Check for ongoing problems first on the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

If nothing shows on there try setting it up again from scratch like this to see if it works

Then do a Hub “pinhole reset” - first make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords will reset to those on the sticker.

Then with the Hub on and put back into modem mode, in modem mode, the VM hub “MUST” then be powered off.

Switch your router on and make sure it’s fully initialised (leave 5 min) and then put in the ethernet cable from its WAN port to the VM hub (any port will do).

NOW… power up the VM hub and wait 5-10 minutes for The Hub to initialise and and you should get a connection. Use the recommended App to connect any other Mesh units to the first one. This order only needs to be done the first time you connect the router to the VM hub.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for this, it’s back on but still acting strange

Some devices are working fine, some are finding the internet but can’t connect to it my computer just says “No Internet, Secured”

Not sure where I’m going wrong! 

When running diagnostics on my computer it says Wifi doesn’t have a valid IP configuration