Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intelligent WiFi Pods Not Working

davieK
Tuning in

HI

Can someone advise me on the Wifi Pods.

I got one to provide extra coverage in the home office, and initially it worked fine. After being switched on for a few days the download speed drops to 0.1MB/s, the upload is fine.  This is worse than the week connection from the HUB and nit a reliable solution.

Do I need to get this replaced or can it be resolved by changing setting or updating software.

18 REPLIES 18

This is exactly the same issue I’m having.

I’ve now completely removed both pods as neither would work correctly.

Thanks for coming back to us davieK,

We can certainly understand your frustration having to reboot the pods every 2-3 days. Have you been able to relocate the pods to see if this changes anything?

We have included a link here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/set-up-intelligent-wifi with further trouble shooting guides to see if this helps.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Jodi,

I am also having this exact issue.

Relocating the Pod does not make any difference.

Hi Daviek,

Thanks for reaching back out, the pod must be in a certain distance for the Router to work, connecting and disconnecting may cause further issues, you are entitle up to 3 pods, this may help as you can then stagger them making sure everything is connected.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul

Not sure you fully understand the issue people are having with the PODs.

They work brilliantly for 2or3 days, I get download speeds over 300Mb when connected to the POD, and it provides great coverage around the house, I don't need more PODs . Then nothing, download speed drops so low that speed test software can't measure it, upload speed is still over 40Mb. A quick Powercycle and everything a back to normal. 

Is this genuinely a faulty POD or possibly HUB4 that I need replace?

Thanks for explaining further @davieK

The Pod shouldn't be dropping out like this and if you have set it up correctly and followed all the troubleshooting but still have the same issue, it may well be potentially faulty.

In that instance, we could try replacing it to see how you get on.

Let us know if you would like for us to do this. 

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

Could you arrange to get a replacement Pod sent out

Hi davieK,

Thank you for your post. We can certainly look to get a replacement pod ordered if it is needed. 

Can you provide more details on the issue with your current pod?

^Martin