Menu
Annaduncanx
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Instagram not working on WiFi

Hello,

Has anyone actually found a fix for Instagram not working on Virgin WiFi?

It works perfectly well on 4G and every other WiFi I connect with. As soon as I connect to Virgin it can’t even load a picture.

I’ve read another thread that says the only way people have got it to work is to disable their firewall, this is not a fix to the solution.

Please help.

Anna x

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Instagram not working on WiFi

Hi Annaduncanx,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about this. 

We are not aware of any fault with accessing that application through our WiFi.

Is Instagram the only application you have this issue with?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Annaduncanx
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin,

Apparently it’s a big issue with virgin WiFi, do a quick google search and you’ll see.

Its only Instagram. Nothing loads, as soon as I switch to 4G everything loads just fine.

the other forums say the only fix is to disable the firewall altogether which we obviously don’t want to do. We have tried everything else, changing internet settings, I’ve re-downloaded loaded the app.

it works in all other WiFi that I connect to so it’s just the WiFi at home. We have a brand new hub as we’ve just moved in. 

The issue also happens with people who visit, so it’s not just my iPhone. Oh and I know I’ve said it before but just to be clear everything else works totally fine on my phone.

Hope that helps.

Anna.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have had this looked into and we are unable to find any fault with this. What device are you attempting to access this on?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Annaduncanx
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin,

Oh no there is definitely a fault with this, there are even whole other forums about it on this site.

I have an iPhone, and a friend the other day had a Samsung that didn’t work. As well as my flat mates iPhone. It’s just the app on each device that doesn’t work. As soon as you turn on 4G it works fine. It’s not about the phone, it’s the WiFi.

I’ve tried everything that the other forum said to try to no avail.

Anna.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Right I see. What I will do is private message you to get some details from yourself.

^Martin

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Martin_N wrote:

I have had this looked into and we are unable to find any fault with this. What device are you attempting to access this on?

^Martin

Martin:   Its been a well documented fault on here for the last year or so -see

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Instagram-issues-on-WiFi/m-p/3912281#M21448...

I "think" the 613 firmware update may have "fixed" it - you might like to check that.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
horseman
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@jbrennand wrote:   .....I "think" the 613 firmware update may have "fixed" it - you might like to check that.

At  last you have remembered to request/invite f/w version! K's accordingly!  😛 

FWIW with 2 SH3's (aka Hub3's-Routermode) on f/w minor point version 613  and M200 & M350 (Residential) Tiers via brig19 (BN37N* 7060 ?cable segment ) then IG works (ENET or WiFi with/without Smart WiFi enabled) on MBP Mojave (10.14.6)  and iPad IOS 12.4 

Try Tony4VMUsersand I might be tempted to assist further once I finished sulking? 😛 rotflmao

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED
0 Kudos
Dazzarap
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Are you “the virgin employee” actually joking? You’re not aware of a fault!!!

This has been a well documented issue within your business and you are not aware. What help is that.

Ive had this problem with instagram for the entire year I’ve had virgin and next month my contract finishes and I’m leaving and going back to sky. 

I tried calling and was left on hold for 40 mins and gave up. Virgin charged me £5 for the privilege of trying to call them. 

Terrible business. 

0 Kudos