cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instagram issues While On Wifi

anoopm2412
Tuning in

Hi, 

I’m currently on Virgin media fibre optic internet on 100mbps plan. But, the problem is everytime when i try instagram , the app is really slow that it won’t even open videos and posts. All other websites and app works completely ok. The speed when i checked is showing 108mbps. When i change to the Mobile data, then it start working perfectly without even a single connectivity issue. It’s clearly indicating a broadband issue for some of the social media apps. Please someone recommend a solution. Thanks Anoop

88 REPLIES 88

shrekels
Tuning in

Hi anoop,

Did virgin help you resolve this issue? 

Thanks.

We'll get this raised with our support team to be looked into further shrekels. As soon as we have an update on this we'll get back to you here.

Rob

Littlewood1
Joining in

We seem to have the same problem and can’t find a resolution! 

Instagram is just refusing to load certain images and many stories when connected to WiFi. As soon as I switch to 4g it works instantly. 

It seems to be the app only as when I acsess Instagram via my MacBook it works perfectly fine. My partner and everyone else who connects to our WiFi has the same issue. 

Hello Littlewood1

Thanks for posting on the forum, is it certain account's on Instagram you have the problems with or any you try to view?

Rob

Hi Robert_p

thank you for taking an active role in trying to solve all our instagram issues. I am grateful and hope you do help us get to the bottom of this annoying problem. 

But suggesting that certain Instagram accounts are the problem is clutching at straws somewhat.

Whatever next? You’ll be asking us how many followers the accounts have and see if that has an impact on loading times and if you can view the content. I can’t view Kendal Jenner’s account with 100 million followers but I can view my mate Daves account who lives down the road with his paltry 300 followers. Or vice versa. (Not that I follow Kendal Jenner btw)

Sorry, I know this is not constructive or helpful. But I find it’s preposterous that I have 200mbs + download speed at home and it can load an app quick af!

Come on Virgin media, time to get your technical bods on this and offer us a fix to this.

also if anyone other virgin media customers reading this has issues with insta why not post in this thread and we can see how many of us are in the same boat.

thanks!

Sorry shrekels, you've taken that the wrong way, we didn't advise this was the issue or was causing the issue. We're merely trying to get as much information as possible to pass to the support team to help diagnose and resolve the issue. We are in the process of collating as much detail as possible and may come back to you privately for these details if required.

Rob

Hi Rob

It doesn’t seem to be any accounts in particular. It just seems to be completely random. 

Mot happens more on posts that are made up of several photographs. But on stories it’s really random 

thanks 

Thanks for the additional information Littlewood1, as advised earlier we're going to be collating details for our support team to look into this further. We'll Private message you if we require some further clarification or specific information.

Rob

It does not work with a cable. Still face the same issue 😞

The issue is STILL ongoing.

I have called Virgin Media up to report this issue previously and was told a call back would be given a call back in the next 24 to 48 hours. This was on Saturday and to date i STILL haven't heard anything back from them. Not helpful in the slightest.

Thinking my only option to resolve this is to get out of Virgin and go elsewhere seeing as other networks do not have this issue. My housemate needs to use instagram as part of her business for advertising and when she is in the house using the WIFI she cannot access it. So she may move out causing me to lose money. Virgin are not helping in the slightest.