Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I can't access certain websites through virgin but no problem on my phone with the WIFI off.

My wifi is working fine except for being unable to access certain sites.

This includes not being able to sign into the playstation network.

I can access the sites on 3G on my phone but not on any devices with the WIFI.

I've spent 7 hours on the phone to Virgin this week, have been cut off 4 times and am my wits end.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: I can't access certain websites through virgin but no problem on my phone with the WIFI off.

sounds like the sites might of blocked your IP address.

can you post some trace routes to some of the sites you can;t access

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: I can't access certain websites through virgin but no problem on my phone with the WIFI off.

Thank you for you reply.

I think you're right.

I spoke to the owners of the various sites I couldn't access (my bank, Sony among others) and they all came to the same conclusion.

None of the dozen or so Virgin Representatives I spoke to agreed and I was passed between the main customer service dept, gadget recovery and the 2nd line team over the course of a week before they came to the same opinion.  I've now been sent a new router.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi EdWeb,

Thank you for your post. 

Please do let us know how the new router goes. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey did it help with the new router? Been receiving problems myself for the last week and I’m getting a new router hoping it works

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your post Scumarmy14.

Please let us know how the new router goes as we can investigate further for you if you need further assistance.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos