cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub5

FreshOutTheBox3
Up to speed

Evening all, I'm wondering if anyone can help or assist.

I've been waiting for the Hub5 to roll out as I was told a while ago once they were readily available, I could have my Hub4 changed due to the amount of issues I've had with it. Most of my devices support WiFi6 which would assist in connectivity. 

The neighbours either side of me have just had theirs upgraded to the Hub5 and their signal strength us a great increase compared to the Hub4.

Is this something that could be arranged for me please.

Thanks

Fresh
6 REPLIES 6

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

VM originally suggested in their marketing communications that every customer could request a Hub 5 through 2023.  That's been hit by limited availability, but I also suspect the promise was only ever made due to mis-communication between marketing, who made the promise after mis-understanding operations (who have to procure and deliver the hubs) saying that eventually all customers would be using the Hub 5.  And nobody thought to check with finance who have to pay for them.  I suspect finance had a hissy fit when they found out that the wax crayon brigade in marketing were promising all 5m customers a Hub 5.  The cost of a Hub 5, configuration, two way logistics and recycling of old hubs we're probably talking about £60 a hub.  VM's finance bods won't be happy that the marketing idiots made an offer that could eventually cost £300 million quid that the company certainly doesn't have.

So you may get lucky, I suspect it'll be random, although as customers like me leave, my Hub 5 will become available for re-circulation after the stains have been wiped off with a greasy rag.  Maybe you'll get my old one in a few weeks time.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @FreshOutTheBox3,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm really sorry to hear that you're experiencing some connection issues recently. I've checked over things on our systems, and I'm unable to detect any faults on the line currently that would explain this.

Are you having problems with a wired connection too, or just wireless/Wi-Fi? What troubleshooting and diagnostics have you carried out thus far in an effort to remedy this?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thanks Zach,

So it's all wireless related. I have 3 WiFi pods aswell and even still, the signal is very hit and kiss. Plenty of connected but no Internet, WiFi drop outs or it just cannot locate the WiFi.

Thanks 

Fresh

I'm so sorry to hear this @FreshOutTheBox3

Can I ask if you have been able to use the Connect App to check the connections in your home and with your Pods?

If so what has the app suggested? 

Thanks for the reply. 

So the app works and gives varied speeds but it's not about the speed to be honest, it's about the strength of the WiFi and the amount of drop offs I seem to have 😊 

Fresh

Hi FreshOutTheBox3,

Thanks for confirming. I've had a look on our side and can see that there are some problems with the Power Levels on your Hub, which can cause similar issues to what you're facing (problems with intermittent connection and stability).

I'm going to send you a private message as we will need to get somebody to look into this for you. Please look out for my private message in the top-right, purple envelope.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ