cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub4 resetting, slow, giving up the ghost

Mcflappers
Joining in

Second time in the space of a month posting about this god awful router.

This time, when it hits 2am, it resets itself, then just decodes it doesn't want to connect to the Internet very well. 3 hours later it starts working again. 

Got irritated (being polite) about it, but ot sorted itself out. This morning (see scree shots for the time I was up until trying to solve it!!!!!!!) It's done the exact same thing. 

Samknows is useless because it keeps telling me there's an issue or try again later, I hit the factory reset button on the hub to try reset the admin login page password, that didn't even do that job. I'm at my wits end with this thing

Screenshot_20230215_043624_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230215_043100_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230215_044341_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230215_044351_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230215_044356_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230215_044402_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230215_044407_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230215_044422_Chrome.jpg

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/f698788a3be72f172ce27cdc6176b88b67...

3 REPLIES 3

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Are you in router mode?

Your BQM is bad but would expect some T# timeouts
---------------------------------------------------------------

I was on the phone to virgin, brave I know. They are claiming all I need is a pod to boost signal... load of crap considering its not a signal issue its a packet loss issue.

There are T3 Timeouts on the events page, for some reason it won't let me show the screenshot.

They then are saying its £25 for an engineer to come out, that's a load of crap considering virgins twitter said its free unless it's an issue with equipment, which is interesting because they are essentially saying "£25 for equipment replacement etc unless there's an outage.".... 

Hi Mcflappers,

Thanks for your post and a big welcome to the Community. It's great having you on board with us.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with your Hub and connection. 

We'd love to take a look in to things but have been unable to locate you on our systems using your forum credentials. We will need to confirm some information with you in order for us to proceed with checks. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. Just click on the little envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs