cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub4 losing ssid settings

sgurprit
Tuning in

My hub 4 loses any custom WiFi ssid / password settings after every restart. Has anyone else faced similar issue?

20 REPLIES 20

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Apologies for checking the obvious, but you are referring to a restart (power off/on) and not a reset using the pinhole?

I suspect you do mean a restart, and in that case the probable cause is a fault on the NAND chip (or its connections) that stores customer settings, and in that case you'll need a new hub. 

Thanks for your help. Yes, it's when I restart. 

I guess I would need to call Virgin Media.

Or you can wait for the forum staff here to respond.  Slower, by a much more plesant experience.

Hi sgurprit,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with our SH4 with the loss of Wi-Fi SSID and password settings after every restart.

We can certainly get this checked for you, however you are currently being affected by an area fault which is due to be resolved at 3pm this afternoon.

Unfortunately until this issue has been resolved, we're unable to carry our further diagnostics on your account until this time. 

Please can we kindly ask you to return after the estimated fix time of 3pm and we will get this issue looked in to for you?

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi

Would you be able to check it now?

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @sgurprit.

Thank you for coming back to us.

The area fault seems to of been fixed 🙂

Please can you try doing a pinhole reset on your Hub for me? Let me know how this goes.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Sorry, but i have tried that number of time since last many months. I always lose my setting not just bu pin hole reset but also when i restart. It takes a lot of time to restore the setting every time. Instead of just asking me to reset blindly, could you please look into the problem and resolve it. 

Regards

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I have looked into this problem @sgurpit.

A pinhole reset is what our system is suggesting as a first point of resolve.

I understand that this can take some time, but I can not do further diagnostics until this has been completed.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi

I have done the pin reset but the hub is still losing the ssid setting and reverting to default after every restart.