cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub4 disconnecting from sky Q box

Garner09
Tuning in

Recently received the new hub4 & everything connects fine apart from the sky Q box which constantly disconnects from the wi-fi leaving us with no tv upstairs,rang virgin approx 9 times with promises of tech support ring back with no one ever calling,it further does'nt help that the app is not even upgraded to even test the hub4....getting very frustrated🤬🤬

19 REPLIES 19

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Of the sky Q keeps loosing wifi you might have to buy a set of powerlines to wire it in instead

Never had any problems with the Hub3 only now with tge Hub4 seems not compatible with the sky q box,cant hard wire as all wires are built into the wall.

Reset the network settings on the SkyQ boxes and rejoin them again

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

I have just got a hub 4. Something about it is blocking the connections between the q and mini. 
I have my Q box connected directly via Ethernet. My mini box is connected to the same router via Ethernet (via power line) This worked on hub 3. Now doesn’t on hub 4

Why don’t you connect the mini via the WPS back to the main box?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.

Bring on the hub 5 the hub 4 is causing so many problems that can be fixed by modem mode and your own router with 1Gb ports.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Virgin have been pretty non existant in solving this problem & if it wasnt for sky installing a new hub(free of charge) to by-pass the Hub4 i would still be without sky tv for the last few months,good service is always long in the memory.....

@Garner09 wrote:

Virgin have been pretty non existant in solving this problem & if it wasnt for sky installing a new hub(free of charge) to by-pass the Hub4 i would still be without sky tv for the last few months,good service is always long in the memory.....

What hub have they installed?

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Were you expecting support from Virgin to fix your sky box?