Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hub4 disconnecting from sky Q box

Recently received the new hub4 & everything connects fine apart from the sky Q box which constantly disconnects from the wi-fi leaving us with no tv upstairs,rang virgin approx 9 times with promises of tech support ring back with no one ever calling,it further does'nt help that the app is not even upgraded to even test the hub4....getting very frustrated🤬🤬

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub4 disconnecting from sky Q box

Of the sky Q keeps loosing wifi you might have to buy a set of powerlines to wire it in instead

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Never had any problems with the Hub3 only now with tge Hub4 seems not compatible with the sky q box,cant hard wire as all wires are built into the wall.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Reset the network settings on the SkyQ boxes and rejoin them again

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I have just got a hub 4. Something about it is blocking the connections between the q and mini. 
I have my Q box connected directly via Ethernet. My mini box is connected to the same router via Ethernet (via power line) This worked on hub 3. Now doesn’t on hub 4

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Why don’t you connect the mini via the WPS back to the main box?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Bring on the hub 5 the hub 4 is causing so many problems that can be fixed by modem mode and your own router with 1Gb ports.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Virgin have been pretty non existant in solving this problem & if it wasnt for sky installing a new hub(free of charge) to by-pass the Hub4 i would still be without sky tv for the last few months,good service is always long in the memory.....

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@Garner09 wrote:

Virgin have been pretty non existant in solving this problem & if it wasnt for sky installing a new hub(free of charge) to by-pass the Hub4 i would still be without sky tv for the last few months,good service is always long in the memory.....

What hub have they installed?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Were you expecting support from Virgin to fix your sky box?
0 Kudos