cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub4 broken again

wayneo214
On our wavelength

So earlier this year I had to call support to arrange a technician to come and replace my Hub4 that was completely unresponsive (white light stayed on, but was not possible to reset the unit, get a phone line or any connection to the hub.

On this occasion I logged a call and I had a Technician in a couple of hours to confirm the hub was defective and that it needed replacing.

The same thing has happened again (exactly the same symptoms - I have also read other posts detailing the same issue so there is clearly a flaw in the hardware. However this time when I called Virgin they are quoting Monday to send a technician round (writing this on Tuesday evening). Now when I looked on the website for an appointment there was an appointment available on Friday (which I deemed to be too long as I work from home and an internet connection is absolutely key). However by the time the CSR answered the phone (I was waiting over 20 mins) this slot had.

I ask to be sent out a replacement hub (preferably a Hub5 as there is clearly a defect with the hub4). However I was told the following

We can't send a replacement until the technician has visit. At that point the technician will order a hub.

What an absolute joke! So not only do I have to wait 6 days for an appointment, I then have to wait for them to send out a replacement.

I never once had an equipment issue with other providers (or when I had hub3). Since December 2 hub4 have failed.

So appalling service all round. 

14 REPLIES 14

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Technicians have hubs on their vans

wayneo214
On our wavelength

Thanks,

that was my prior experience, but the Virgin Customer service representative specifically stated that the hub would need to be ordered when the technician verified the fault.

@wayneo214 wrote:

Thanks,

that was my prior experience, but the Virgin Customer service representative specifically stated that the hub would need to be ordered when the technician verified the fault.

Customer services talking complete BS again, as per usual. 

It seems that way.

To be honest I am pretty appalled by their service all round.

Both Customer Service and their poor equipment. I am going to need to have a look around after this contract has finished (unless I can cancel early).

I even sent in a compliant form which stated that they will respond by the end of 28 days.

This is the level of service you need to expect from virgin

Oh good, another complaint that will be fobbed off or just completely ignored. I would be looking to exit early, with no fee's would be ideal, but I would just pay the EDF and run if not. 

I was hoping that someone from virgin would see these posts and actually reach out and try and resolve the situation. Clearly they really don't care about customer service.

No, they really dont care about customer service, at all. A forum member may get to this in a couple of days, but as you have a tech visit there isnt really much more they can do. 

They are a joke.

Asking for a £288 early termination fee for cancelling the contract when they can't provide a sensible level of service and provide poor equipment. 

Roll on Sep 23.