cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub4 Solid Green Light

MCLS_2022
On our wavelength

Woke this morning to solid green light on the hub4 Wi-Fi and connection seems to be working (I have this in modem mode) 
I have tried a Google search and also a search through this forum but can’t seem to find anyone detailing this happening.

the green bar is not flashing and it just steady green

any ideas?

[MOD EDIT: Please see post 41 for more details]

40 REPLIES 40

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've been advised that the green band is intentional with this update to indicate the hub is in modem mode. Documentation will be updated in due course.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Whilst it's great to have confirmation and for VM to implement the logical colour of "Green = Good" WHY ON EARTH wouldn't you tell people in advance? Update the documentation with a note, add a forum post that's pinned to tell people? Absolute shambles these VM roll outs, software or hubs they find a way to ruin it for customers.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Usual VM, left hand does not know it's even got a right hand.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

MCLS_2022
On our wavelength

Ok so at least we have some clarification even if it was spurred by us as a community 😂 so I’m guessing we all just get used to this new green light!

We are apart of an elite group of independent modem users 😂 I will wear my green solid light with pride 

Wow. So it’s deliberate and whilst logical, a large Green band doesn’t really go with the colour scheme in most peoples houses. Should have been blue or stayed white.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Looks ok on my hub under the stairs!

Tudor

A poster on another thread is saying that he also has a green led on his hub4 which is in router mode. Surely having the same colour light whether in router or modem mode is a bit daft.

@Ka5h1974 wrote:

Wow. So it’s deliberate and whilst logical, a large Green band doesn’t really go with the colour scheme in most peoples houses. Should have been blue or stayed white.

How ungrateful are you? Naturally VM expect you to redecorate to match the led colour!😉

Wonder if they will recompense you for the cost of doing this,  must do, surely?😔

@NinjaMeerkat wrote:

A poster on another thread is saying that he also has a green led on his hub4 which is in router mode. Surely having the same colour light whether in router or modem mode is a bit daft.

Yes it would be a bit daft, not that this is necessarily a barrier to being implemented. I think we need a few more examples being posted up here to be able to make a proper observation. We need more users with a Hub 4 in both router and modem mode to post here with their light colours (bonus points for providing a picture).

CBers
On our wavelength

So GREEN is the new WHITE.

Been looking for a few days as to why my SH4 was now displaying a GREEN collar.

Oh well, at least it's the "new" normal.

Doesn't explain my poor downloads speeds though 🤔

Thanks everyone.