Menu
oldgit1
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Total waste of time Pathetic Service

I have recieved no commmunication that Gareth L works for VirginMedia

Send me the supposed correspondence and I do not accept posts on a public open forum as proof nor will I provide personal information in a in secure manner as requested by you and Gareth L.  If you do work for VM you will have access to their formal mans of communication.

As regards this being normaal practice tell me why this is the first such request and you have already provided me with one replacement hub!!!!!!!!!

Explanation please.

Yes I am tracking all of this because it is obvious an attempt to delay and annoy. Well done you achieving both.  Such things satisfy some strange people.

Have a nice day whoever you are

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub3 intermitttently crashing very slow download

Hi @oldgit1

My colleague does work for Virgin Media, please view our profiles which should give you the re-assurance you need.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
oldgit1
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 16
Flag for a moderator

John Your Superhub3 has beeen continuously on a redlight for at least 9 days and this is the normal red light as shown on you web pages unlike the total lower 3cm of the unit being glowing brillliant red 10 days ago. If it goes on fire I am not to blame I have advised you enough times but none of you very insightful friends can be bothered to respond - probably because I for some silly reason think when paying £75 per month for in part a modem/router it should function or at least for more than 3 weeks.

Quite whatthe purpose of  tagging me is beyond me. It is simple I need a replacement unit and VirginMedia are contractually liable to provide.   I have asked innumerable times but as a group of people you  have decided its appropriate to wind a 72 year old customer.  I am sure you can in your own mind justify your communal response. I don't even want to hear the reasoning for such behaviour.  I am simply trying to ensure that my 70 year old partner has a means of communicating via broadband when I am hospitalised.

Take care John and Tag someone else

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi oldgit1, 

Thank you for your reply. 

My name is Natalie, I am a Virgin Media employee. I work within the Digital Care and Forum team, you are welcome to view my profile to clarify this. 

We would be happy to look in to this further for you but in order to do this we would need to confirm that we are speaking to the account holder or an authorised third party. The only way we are able to achieve this is to send you a private message and this is what my colleague Gareth has done previously. 

I am going to send you a new private message from myself to request the details required for us to access your account on this platform. If you feel comfortable, please respond to the message with the information requested and I will get this matter looked in to further for you.  If you do not wish to proceed with the message, we would recommend contacting our team directly via one of the alternative contact methods available here.

Hope to speak to you soon, 

Nat
0 Kudos
g0akc
Well-informed
Message 15 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@oldgit1 wrote:

I have recieved no commmunication that Gareth L works for VirginMedia

Send me the supposed correspondence and I do not accept posts on a public open forum as proof nor will I provide personal information in a in secure manner as requested by you and Gareth L.  If you do work for VM you will have access to their formal mans of communication.

As regards this being normaal practice tell me why this is the first such request and you have already provided me with one replacement hub!!!!!!!!!

Explanation please.

Yes I am tracking all of this because it is obvious an attempt to delay and annoy. Well done you achieving both.  Such things satisfy some strange people.

Have a nice day whoever you are

Charming....

The profile for Gareth_L clearly shows that he does work for Virgin Media and he's part of the forum team here.  See screenshot below.  Also I have exchanged correspondence with him about our account in the past.

g0akc_0-1613729034386.png

The exchange of information would be by private message, not here in the public part of the forum.  I do NOT work for Virgin Media but I was trying to help, reassure you and speed things up.  I don't understand why you then have a go at me.  Are you always like that when people try to help you? You seem to be quite sad!  I do hope you get your issues resolved.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
oldgit1
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 16
Flag for a moderator

So - Gareth - the rising star- you decide after 6 days to pick up a thread which you have completely ignored . To achieve what?  I am not familiar with this forum and certainly do not going around looking at people like yours profile.  Your initial approach was inno way friendly other than to say you would attempt to help - which is the fundemental of the board so there was noting new there.

My only previous interface I had with this board was with Lisa last November who was both very helpful and efficient in arranging the replacement of a clapped out Type 2 SuperHub. Without asking the confirmation and detail that you did immediately without any form of introduction.

Am I sad - yea probably - I am 72 years old, normally spend my time working in a very large allotment and constantly through out the year hill/mountain walking around Europe.  Currently following  cardiac arrest in southern France I am recuperating from a transplant of an ICD operation in the UK which went **bleep** up at the beginning and in part of COVID!!!!

So instead of my normal highly active life outdoor life I am struggling to secure broadband access for my wife and having to deal with much younger guys who seem to wish to broadcast just how brilliant they are - Rising Star - indeed!  I will let the jury decide on who is the saddest.  Their and your opinion does not bother me.  Now you can go back to ignoring me and leave Natalie to communicate in her far more pleasant manner.

I could say have a nice day but honestly could not give 2 FFFssss.  Good bye

0 Kudos