cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub started humming

annemac12
Tuning in

My VM hub has recently started making an annoying humming noise. Had it a couple of years, it hasn’t been moved and it’s been fine till now. Does it need replaced?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey annemac12, thanks for reaching out on our forums and sorry to hear of the noisy hub issue.

We'd love to help, could you please confirm what diagnostic steps you've already tried to see if the issue is resolved and have you managed to see any improvements since Monday?

Also, could you try performing a full reset on the hub as seen here and see if this helps?

Let us know how you get on and if you still need support with this, happy to assist you.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey annemac12, thanks for reaching out on our forums and sorry to hear of the noisy hub issue.

We'd love to help, could you please confirm what diagnostic steps you've already tried to see if the issue is resolved and have you managed to see any improvements since Monday?

Also, could you try performing a full reset on the hub as seen here and see if this helps?

Let us know how you get on and if you still need support with this, happy to assist you.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is it the Hub or the power supply?  Older power supplies can deteriorate over time and start to hum.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, thanks for that. It seems to have done the trick!  I unplugged the hub, turned it over, gave it a few taps and blew into the underside to hopefully dislodge any trapped dust and so far it seems to have worked. 
No more humming. (For now anyway🤣)

Thank you

Hi, thanks for your response. It was definitely the hub and not the power supply that was humming. I powered it off and blew into the underside to dislodge any dust and that seems to have solved it for now. 

Hey annemac12,

Have you been able to try this advice that my colleague offered to try and resolve the issues with your hub?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi, yes I did thanks, and it’s ok now. I did reply to the post.