Menu
Iainabernethy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hub 5

My new hub 5 won't connect to multiple devices by WiFi. Reported twice but no real help received. How do I get a hub four back before I switch provider?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 5

Have you still got it ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Iainabernethy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I do and my family are going to kill me if this doesn't get fixed.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

In that case its a simple case of calling the "activation number" as per below and telling them that the Hub5 is not fit for your purpose as it is still in a testing phase and you want the Hub4 reactivating onto your account and you will return the Hub5.

The equipment activation number is on - 0800 953 9500 (option 3) – you will need the serial number/MAC address's off the barcode stickers and also your account number,

Calling at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) for the best chance of getting through quickly.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Iainabernethy
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

• Perfect - will give this a try to see what happens. Thank you for taking the time to reply to my message. 
0 Kudos
Kain_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Iainabernethy,

Welcome back to the community. 

From checking our service I can see that the Hub 5 is in place, is the service working for you?

Thanks,

Kain
Tags (2)
Iainabernethy
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Not really - I decided to ask for a new WiFi  booster in case existing is failing. Online connection tests were not a help. Lucky me I get to pay for this! Time will tell.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Iainbernethy, 

Thanks for coming back to us and updating us on things. 

We're sorry to hear you're still having continued issues with the Hub 5. The WiFi booster may well help if the devices are far away from the hub. 

Please let us know how it goes once you have tried out the new booster. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Iainabernethy
Tuning in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Turns out the booster has been shipped with Yodel so I might never find out! Certainly hasn't arrived as scheduled.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hope it is an old style booster not a new pod, as pods do not as yet work with the hub5. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos