cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 not connecting.

Squadrondavid
Tuning in

Good morning. I got the Hub 5 yesterday and followed the exact settings (my new SSID and passwords were exactly what I used with my Hub 4) because I run a smart home and to prevent having to enter the details individually on my smart devices.
After this change, some of my smart home devices like switches, bulbs, and thermostats were automatically connected but some like my phones, laptop, and echo devices fail to connect to the new SSID via wired and wifi.
Please, how do I navigate this?

6 REPLIES 6

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
You can't best option is to get a new wifi router and put hub in modem mode

It would be best not to use the default SSID and password from old hub
---------------------------------------------------------------

To expand on that a whisker . . . 

The Hub 5 in Router mode has a known firmware defect that means changing from the default SSID often results in an unstable WiFi service or even a total failure of the WiFi until after a factory reset.

You already appear to have flown into the turbulence of the former.

Hello and thank you for your swift response, I did have an Asus router that decreased the speed from a staggering 1000MBps to a mere 400MBps.

Have you any idea of a better Router? 

Which bit of WiFi kit does not work well at 400Mb/s ! 

Given the Hub 5's Router mode WiFi issues I'd revert to using the Asus Router in a heartbeat and that would get all the equipment working and calmness restored.

I've avoiding the question of which WiFi AX type of router to buy as we don't have that configuration. But other do.

Thanks, that's exactly what I am using at the moment which sometimes drops the speed. 

Hopefully Virgin media sorts this out ASAP. 

@Squadrondavid wrote:

Hopefully Virgin media sorts this out ASAP. 

You be waiting 6 months for a new firmware then, I can see that one day VM will remove changing SSID because it be easier for support and VM like defaults

---------------------------------------------------------------