cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 connection issues

Wulf9
Tuning in

Installed Hub 5 and all of my devices connect apart from my Brennan and my ip security camera. Why is this and what can I do to remedy this? Also people talk about separating the two ghz frequencies or renaming them. What on earth is this and if it helps how do I do it? Thank you.

15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheers

Splitting didn’t work for my Brennan, ip camera or laptop. Extremely annoyed and wish we had kept our old hub. I rely on my laptop for working from home so I need this resolving quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear it. From the various threads on here re the Hub 5 and it being currently unfit for purpose I would suggest returning to your old hub if you still have it by calling customer services to get it reactivated or if you have sent it back asking for a Hub 3 if you are not on 1 gb. The forum staff might also help with this. 

Good Morning @Wulf9, can you possibly try turning off the 5Ghz band completely to see if this will force the effected devices to connect to the 2.4GHz band and then turn the 5Ghz band back on to see if this will then move over to this band?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

@David_Bn

I did this and it didn’t fix it. Spoke to one of your colleagues and he didn’t recommend this. He is sending me a booster which I doubt will help as two of the devices, inc my laptop, are within 10 feet of the hub in the same room with no obstructions. We also live in a small bungalow. But I will try it out anyway when it arrives. I asked for my old Hub back and he refused. So I am still not able to use my laptop for working from home. Who do I send the bill too for loss of earnings? Very very annoyed about this.

They refused to send my old one back

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Wulf9

Thanks for the update, I am so sorry to hear you are still unable to connect your laptop to the Hub 5. What happens when you try to connect - does an error message occur? Are you connecting your laptop via wired or wireless connection?

Please do keep us posted on how you get on when you receive the Booster.

For more information on loss of service credits, please visit: https://virg.in/autocomp - please note we do not cover for loss of earnings when WFH.

Best wishes,

Serena

Hello @Serena_C

The boosters have solved the issues, however, I did have to turn off 5ghz to connect two of my devices then switch it back on again. The WiFi speed seems a lot poorer now, though, which is very disappointing. Currently 85mbps when before I installed the boosters it was more that twice that.