cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 Unstable connection

RoscoeM79
Joining in

I recently upgraded to Hub 5 and GIG1 fibre broadband and since then my connection has been dropping on an almost daily basis. It drops for maybe only a minute but can happen multiple times a day and is across every connected device.

Running test on the app shows no issues at all so wondering if anyone can help?

15 REPLIES 15

RoscoeM79
Joining in

Still having issues, has cut out again, media connect app has been unable to find the hub since changed from hub 5 to hub 4 by the engineer. Really, really poor service.

Thank you for your response @RoscoeM79 

Are you able to run this test quickly with a wired device? This will help us determine where the root issue is.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

No, I am not able to do that. 

Hi @RoscoeM79 

Thanks for coming back to the thread. The app can take a day or two to sync with the new hub. If not already, can you do the below;

For your Apple device, you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data. 
For your Android device, you can try this: Open settings > Apps > Connect App > Storage > Clear data / Clear cache. 
Keep me posted how you get on.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

RoscoeM79
Joining in

Thanks. I have just done this and still no luck. 

Thanks for coming back to us. If that has been done, then we're investigating those ones as a fault. 

Are you currently experiencing any service issues other than that? Please let us know if so, we'll be more than happy to assist.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill