cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 - one device with IP issues

Nicolleevans
Tuning in

Recently got a hub 4 due to constant WiFi dropouts. That problem is fixed, however, there's one device (one of the last to establish a connection) that has issues. The phone will disconnect from WiFi and then will not reconnect. The connection will be stable for a few days and then will randomly disconnect. I have to restart the router all the time. How can I resolve this? 

6 REPLIES 6

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Nicolleevans,

Many thanks for your post - I'm really sorry to hear you're having issues connecting a device to your hub 4.

What make / model phone is this exactly that's having issues?

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

It's a Samsung galaxy s21 5g

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply, Nicolleevans, 

Is it just this device that has issues? Do you have any other Samsung devices that you could connect to see if they get the same issue?

Does the device connect to other wifi fine? 

Zoie

Other samsung devices connect with no problems. The phone in question only has issues with this WiFi hub. Alexa had an issue but I don't know what it was, it was also resolved upon restarting the hub

Hi @Nicolleevans 

Thank you so much for updating, can I ask if the restarts you have been pin hole resets? This is where you push a pen etc into the 'reset' hole at the back of th eHub and hold for 30 seconds. If not could you try this and wait 10 minutes?

Thanks again.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@Nicolleevans wrote:

Recently got a hub 4 due to constant WiFi dropouts. That problem is fixed, however, there's one device (one of the last to establish a connection) that has issues. 

The more things change the more they stay the same...

Look at getting a better wireless router with 1Gb ports thats been tested and made to work well with the hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------