gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 21 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4, keep loosing connection

@dd1234567 wrote:

Hi, 

So this is:

HUB 4 - TC - SWITCH - 2 x airport extreme, small switch with tp-link TL-WR802N box in access point mode where someone is using it as WI-FI access to network and  has central heating control box connected to it , a few other small boxes that are reading from roof PV panels, dvd, satellite , playstation , tv connections you know stuff that supposed to connect and receive address and just work... 

Will this be clear enough?

I have managed to run ethernet everywhere I can and then plugged airport extremes , time capsule, tplink at ends... 

D.

That looks right yes.

So are you still experiencing any issues?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
dd1234567
On our wavelength
Message 22 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Th only issue I have is that speeds are different throughout the house... and all wi-fi points are hardwired ...

Is this normal ? 

D.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 23 of 29
Flag for a moderator

@dd1234567 wrote:

Hi,

Th only issue I have is that speeds are different throughout the house... and all wi-fi points are hardwired ...

Is this normal ? 

D.

I guess it depends which one you’re connecting to.
Is the cabling CAT5 or CAT5E/6/7 throughout?

CAT5 is limited to 100Mbps and if it is connected at any point after the hub it will truncate the connection speeds down. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
jem101
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 24 of 29
Flag for a moderator

This TL-WR802N, I've just checked the manual for it and when configured to be in access point mode, and the LAN address is set to static, it defaults to having an address of 192.168.0.1 which is exactly the same as the Hubs address. If this is the case then it definitely will cause you issues so the first thing you need to do is to access this device and make sure that it's LAN address is changed either to a different static address which doesn't clash, or set it to DHCP and reboot it.

0 Kudos
dd1234567
On our wavelength
Message 25 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

It is all on CAT 6...

I get 60-80 even on ethernet as one pc is connected to ap via cable direct and still just like 3-4-5-6 mb/s not 30-40 ... 

I have two gigabit switches...

D. 

0 Kudos
dd1234567
On our wavelength
Message 26 of 29
Flag for a moderator

HI,

Yes this is what I have done.,, its on AP and smart dhcp turned on which is deactivating dhcp server on TP and pulls address from TC which is fine and the address assigned is okay and within correct range... I can log in to sqaure box from anywhere now.

I am not sure why airport express (2 of them) want me to reset modem ... they shout about internet connection... it can be ignored which I have done and its ok but its weird and bugging a bit as it was like that in HUB3... 

So two things are slightly bugging me:

- airport express moaning about internet connection 

- 200 mbps less speed on all devices apart of TC thats is connected direct to HUB4... 

- Why I have duplex 100mb/s between switch and airport express 

In general lesson learned... HUB 4 in router mode and Apple products however configured will not work well for some reason....

HUB 4 in modem mode and TC in dhcp/nat and other in bridge mode all works fine but speed fluctates although its fast enough to stream maybe an issue when too many devices are sucking data... 

Glad it kind of work and is not dropping every 5 min as this can lead to riots 😉

D.

0 Kudos
LauraO1
Joining in
Message 27 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi all 

we are having the same issue, had a perfectly good working router when virgin upgraded us to the new hub 4.  Since having the new router we have had nothing but trouble with our internet connection.  

Like others have said nothing has changed but the router, speaking to others on our estate who have the hub 4 they say they have the same issue.   

I have spoken to Virgin who reset the server from their end and it hasn't resolved our issue.   

The internet constantly drops out, it seems worse on the 5g so currently we don't run anything on 5g but we still have issues with the 2.4g.  

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 28 of 29
Flag for a moderator

@LauraO1 wrote:

Hi all 

we are having the same issue, had a perfectly good working router when virgin upgraded us to the new hub 4.  Since having the new router we have had nothing but trouble with our internet connection.  

Like others have said nothing has changed but the router, speaking to others on our estate who have the hub 4 they say they have the same issue.   

I have spoken to Virgin who reset the server from their end and it hasn't resolved our issue.   

The internet constantly drops out, it seems worse on the 5g so currently we don't run anything on 5g but we still have issues with the 2.4g.  

Please start your own thread 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 29 of 29
Flag for a moderator

@LauraO1 wrote:

... snip ...

If you want assistance please start your own thread.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos