Menu
dd1234567
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4, keep loosing connection

Hi There, 

So it has been over 5 days and no news... 

Anyway .. old issue has gone.. New issue came in...

HUB 4 in modem mode for some reason this time behaves as it supposed too... however and this was on HUB3 too... Being on M350 speed I get round 65mpbs download and 28 upload...  in HUB 4 in router mode I had speeds between 300-380  mbps download... although it was disconnecting often...

Do you know where do I make sure I get my speed  on current setting to be round about 350mbps?

D.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 12 of 29
Flag for a moderator

@dd1234567 wrote:

Hi There, 

So it has been over 5 days and no news... 

Anyway .. old issue has gone.. New issue came in...

HUB 4 in modem mode for some reason this time behaves as it supposed too... however and this was on HUB3 too... Being on M350 speed I get round 65mpbs download and 28 upload...  in HUB 4 in router mode I had speeds between 300-380  mbps download... although it was disconnecting often...

Do you know where do I make sure I get my speed  on current setting to be round about 350mbps?

D.

What router are you using?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
dd1234567
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Used to have HUB 3 (same speeds although on M350 package from Virgin) 

Recently changed to HUB 4 and after 10 days of disaster with dropping connections but decent speed  I have switched HUB 4 back to modem mode now again stabile connection but low speed..

So Virgin Broadband Hub4 I am using (for some reason sometimes tplink login page comes up when reaching to http://192.168.0.1/ so I assume it's TPLINK modem but Virgin Broadband Branded)

D. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 14 of 29
Flag for a moderator

What router have you attached to the hub4?

If it’s a TP-Link what model?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
dd1234567
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 29
Flag for a moderator

To HUB 4 I have attached Air Port TIME CAPSULE v. 7.9.1 , before I had it in bridge mode when HUB 4 was in router and dhcp server and had decent speed then,  Time Capsule is connected with airpor extremes via switch and then ethernet and then distributre wi-fi it is in full duplex but only 100mb/s but still I am getting 3-7 mb/s...

D.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 16 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Virgin hubs aren’t TP-Link branded. Do you have a TP-Link device somewhere?

0 Kudos
dd1234567
On our wavelength
Message 17 of 29
Flag for a moderator

The only TP-LINK I have is small Square box that is configured as Access to ethernet , so its plugged to ethernet and distibuting internet via wi-fi in my shed as its too far from home to pick up home network...

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 18 of 29
Flag for a moderator

There’s too many variables here.

Disconnect everything apart from the hub and the time capsule.

What speeds do you get, wired and wireless?

0 Kudos
jem101
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 19 of 29
Flag for a moderator

It does sound as if you have an IP address clash. This 'square box' can you let us know exactly what it is (modem number) and how you have connected everything up? If you can sketch it and post up the diagram, that you be very helpful.

0 Kudos
dd1234567
On our wavelength
Message 20 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

So this is:

HUB 4 - TC - SWITCH - 2 x airport extreme, small switch with tp-link TL-WR802N box in access point mode where someone is using it as WI-FI access to network and  has central heating control box connected to it , a few other small boxes that are reading from roof PV panels, dvd, satellite , playstation , tv connections you know stuff that supposed to connect and receive address and just work... 

Will this be clear enough?

I have managed to run ethernet everywhere I can and then plugged airport extremes , time capsule, tplink at ends... 

D.

0 Kudos