Menu
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 11 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 not working in Modem Mode

What exact devices are you using to connect on the wifi. What Mac model is it ?

How far from the first Deco unit are you testing speeds on - that is - if you sit right next to the first unit what speeds do you get on what devices?

How are you testing speeds - a browser, App, ? At what site. I always test in a browser at...

https://speedtest.samknows.com/

There will always be speed drops over every "hop" on the M4's as they are not triband - so the "backhaul" is using the bandwidth - you could reduce that by connecting them by ethernet cables.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
njhaigh
Tuning in
Message 12 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 not working in Modem Mode

I have a TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh system connected to A Virgin Media Hub 3, my package is 350mbps fibre broadband.

I have tested the speeds via Ethernet (on a 2017 iMac) and Wi-Fi on a 2021 M1 MacBook Pro and iPhone 12 Pro, as well as a Samsung S10.

using various speed test sites including Ookla (speedtest.com and the dedicated app), broadbandspeedchecker.com, fast.com and virgins own.

I have tried all 3 floors in my house as well as sitting right next to the router, using various cat5e/6 Ethernet cables and Wi-Fi.

all pretty much achieve the same speed apart from the expected speed via Ethernet cable at 350mbps, the rest have achieved on average 177mbps.

0 Kudos