Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3, no signal upstairs

Apologies in advance long ranty post ahead .... 

So my broadband doesn't reach to upstairs, we have identified that we need a booster.  We have an inadequate service and apparently we have to pay £3 a month... to make our inadequate service ok !! Even though we have, Broadband, Phone and 4 x Mobiles with Virgin, for 2006 

Just spent nearly 1 hour trying to get through, to be told our password doesn't match, even though it worked to get me through to the call centre. 

The rude lady told me we had to wait for new paperwork for new passwords to be sent in the post, there's no managers available, she's working from home so there are no alternative options available!!  Sadly, I think it's now time to move provider

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3, no signal upstairs

You don’t pay for wifi though.

If you need to improve and optimise wifi connectivity then it’s done at the cost to the customer.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Your best option for improving your home wifi is not to use VM boosters but to put those monies to sourcing your own solution. The added advantage is the peace of mind of never having to contact VM re. wifi issues ever again

Get your own wireless accress point(s) or more simply - a Mesh system. Lots of posts/recommendations on here for all budgets.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can you tell me more ? I'm intrigued but have no idea what a mesh is 🙂
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

take a look at...

https://www.t3.com/features/best-mesh-network

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos