cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 dropping Wi-Fi and wired

geoffrogers
On our wavelength

My Hub 3.0 only sometimes works with wired connection then on reset only with wifi. Then that fails and it's only wired again. Rebooting sometimes brings back the Wi-Fi at the expense of the wired net.  Another reboot abs wired works but Wi-Fi doesn’t. Network name is displayed but when phone or laptop tries to connect the spinning thing appears and it seems unable to complete the connection. I’m a home user on 500 down and 37 up. Speed is good when it works. Think hub is faulty, quickest way to get it fixed please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try a 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

After the post the power levels and network log from the Hub.  Also setup a BQM here www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Once done we can comment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try a 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

After the post the power levels and network log from the Hub.  Also setup a BQM here www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Once done we can comment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

OK 

After 2 attempts to reset the hub with the 60 second factory reset, it seems to have come up fine on ethernet and wifi.  Took its time but we are there..

Can you advise how to get the power levels and network log to post here, I'm looking at setting up a BQM

Thanks so far, at least I'm now up and running.

OK, here is the network log:

TimePriorityDescription17/05/2022 21:48:12noticeLAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;01/01/1970 00:01:42criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;17/05/2022 21:21:5noticeSW download Successful - Via Config file17/05/2022 21:17:52noticeSW Download INIT - Via Config file17/05/2022 08:30:51criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;17/05/2022 01:45:54noticeNOTICE ATOM is restarted due to RPC timeout as part of Self Healing Mechanism;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;16/05/2022 01:43:19criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;15/05/2022 19:54:41noticeLAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;15/05/2022 19:54:29Warning!LAN login FAILED : Incorrect Username / Password / ConnectionType;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;15/05/2022 18:14:39noticeNOTICE ATOM is restarted due to Kernel/oops panic as part of Self Healing Mechanism ;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;15/05/2022 18:14:10noticeNOTICE ATOM is restarted due to RPC timeout as part of Self Healing Mechanism;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;09/05/2022 03:32:34criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;09/05/2022 01:50:46ErrorDHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;08/05/2022 15:58:26criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;08/05/2022 15:15:33Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;08/05/2022 15:15:33criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;08/05/2022 15:02:54Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;08/05/2022 15:02:54criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;08/05/2022 15:02:46Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;08/05/2022 15:02:46criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

And is this what's meant by power levels:Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

Hi @geoffrogers thanks a lot for your post and confirmation.

I'm pleased to hear the pinhole reset has been resolved for you, that's great news.

I've ran some checks for you, and there doesn't appear to be any faults that I can find, everything appears to be working as it should be for you - can you please confirm if you're having any problems or if all is well?

Many thanks

Tom_W

It does seem that all is well at the moment.  So the pinhole reset appears to have fixed the issues.

I do notice though that on the admin interface of the hub it is extremely slow in responding, I don't know if it was always like this whether it points to another issue in the hardware.

Question:  If I were to upgrade my speed at some stage to the gigabit service would I need a new hub?

Thank you.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @geoffrogers

Thanks for posting our community forum!

Please do keep us updated with how your connection gets on, the admin interface being slow will not be anything to do with the hardware as it is quite a common issue anyhow. As for the upgrade, depending what Hub you're currently on though you may need a new hub but once you process this with the team they will be able to clarify this.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs