cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 Router solid red light

pennyandpiranha
Joining in

My Hub3 router has been showing a solid red light for a while. The hub is not overheating. Internet connection on all devices is patchy throughout the day.

Customer support told me I needed a new hub but they couldn't send one out until I had waited 24hours after my initial call. I called back after 24 hours with the same issue and I'm now being told they cannot send out an engineer, I have to book it online. I cannot find anywhere online to book an engineer. So it appears nothing can be done?

I need a new Hub3 router sending out to replace my faulty one. I'm happy to plug it in myself if there is a delay on engineers.

3 REPLIES 3

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @pennyandpiranha

Welcome to the community 

Sorry to hear that you have a red light warning. I have take a look at my side and cannot see that there is an area concern currently being investigated in your area that is the probable cause for the patchy connection. The estimated end date for this is currently 7th October 2022 at 11:20am. Once the outage looks closed/fixed, please reboot your equipment and let us know if you have any further issues.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Can you link me to this issue? My red light has been on for weeks, has this issue been live for some time? Everyone I have spoken to at Virgin Media has told me that there are no issue with my network externally so it must be the router at fault.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response, 

It appears the issue has now been lifted so we'll be able to get a technician out to replace this for you.

I've dropped you a PM so we can discuss further.

Regards,

Kain