cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 Disconnections

Sweet16
On our wavelength

Yet another disconnection this morning 2/1/2022 at approx 0020hrs. Left disconnected until 0207hrs to allow BQM to pick up problems. No change from usual pattern. Switched off hub between 0207 and 0224 hrs to ensure monitoring correct IP. BQM showed solid red block so all correct.

Will post Logs (hopefully) below along with BQM for reference. Interestingly some of the disconnections coincide almost identically with log “Notice ATOM is restarted as part of self healing”. Maybe I’m just clutching at straws now. At my wits end. HELP please. 

Network Log

Time

Priority

Description

02/01/2022 09:54:26

notice

LAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

02/01/2022 00:18:49

notice

NOTICE ATOM is restarted as part of Self Healing Mechanism;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

01/01/2022 06:48:31

Error

DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

31/12/2021 11:26:37

critical

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

31/12/2021 10:00:35

notice

LAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

31/12/2021 10:00:14

Warning!

LAN login FAILED : Incorrect Username / Password / ConnectionType;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

30/12/2021 08:56:9

notice

30/12/2021 03:38:39

notice

NOTICE ATOM is restarted as part of Self Healing Mechanism;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

30/12/2021 03:31:38

critical

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

30/12/2021 02:53:35

notice

30/12/2021 02:49:36

critical

30/12/2021 02:31:3

notice

30/12/2021 02:28:38

critical

29/12/2021 23:38:20

notice

27/12/2021 15:25:57

critical

27/12/2021 09:50:30

Warning!

RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

27/12/2021 09:33:5

notice

01/01/1970 00:01:37

critical

27/12/2021 09:19:35

notice

27/12/2021 09:11:1

Warning!

RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MA

59 REPLIES 59

Sincere apologies Gary

My impatience is being fed by my frustration. Appreciate you guys are genuinely trying to help me so please accept my apologies and thanks in advance.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Sweet16 

My BQM often turns red. I just check my number hasn't changed and then reboot my hub and the BQM starts running again

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Sweet16,

I'm very sorry to hear that your broadband issues are still persisting and this is causing a lot of frustration for you. 

I've had a thorough look through your account and hub specs and can't see any visible issues at all from here, everything appears to be within the normal parameters.

It would be best if you could set up a BQM for us and post the link to the live graph from here so we can get a better look at what's going on. We'll be more than happy to help further once we have this.

Many thanks 🙂

Beth

Beth

Sweet16
On our wavelength
www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/22fb24ea2efea971a7ddf29a964a701a936b7c11

Please refer to attached link for BQM as requested.  

BQM shows no disconnections and is a fairly average connection in terms of latency etc.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Hi Gary,

Thankyou for quick response. As the BQM looks ok could there be any other reason for  Hub 3 drop outs?. 

I was considering installing a third party router to increase wifi capability as the hub 3 is far from ideal and does not cover whole house. Would this help the situation or am I likely still to experience disconnections with hub on modem mode. Difficult to provide a definitive answer I know. Just looking for an informed opinion. 

Cheers

Sweet16
On our wavelength

Another disconnection early this morning (0132) with no notice or indication of any issues. BQM still recording and showing a fairly standard profile and at the time of writing broadband still off. As always, it will return to normal when I reboot hub 3. I will not waste time calling VM to listen to a call centre script reader tell me all is well and that they will monitor circuit. 

Where do I go from here guys?. The easy option is to accept that I’m wasting time and money with VM and transfer to BT. Or, should I continue to call VM following every outage and become a thorn in their flesh?. 

As previously intimated, I was intending buying a third party router and switching hub to modem mode, however with no explanation for outages then I may be just wasting more time and money.

HELP. PLEASE. 

Regards

Sweet16
On our wavelength

Further Info

Every disconnections relates directly to “NOTICE ATOM is restarted as part of self healing mechanism” as recorded in network log.

I note there is significant communication and discussion on this forum with identical issues being raised. Unfortunately there does not appear to be any solutions being presented.

Virgin Media seem very reluctant to admit there is an issue which I’m sure customers would sympathise with if VM were actively trying to resolve. The lack of any admission of a problem on the part of VM only exacerbates frustration. 

I was intending installing a third party router, however I suspect that this will introduce the opportunity for VM to suggest that the problem is now mine. . . . 

Hi Sweet16,

Can you confirm if the disconnections are over a wired or wireless connection?

Alex_Rm

Sweet16
On our wavelength

Hi Alex.

Disconnection affects both wifi and Ethernet connected devices. The hub light shows normal operation and the Ethernet connected hive unit shows normal light but no broadband connection. The hub does not appear when searching for it until the hub is rebooted. 

The hub is connected within 0.5 m of entry to building so no internal wiring issues