Menu
VM12345678
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 off second tivo wall socket

Hi. 

I have 2 tivo boxes in separate rooms, and therefore 1 white wall socket with a main cable in each room.

In the main room, the main cable has a splitter so it can connect to the tivo box and the hub 3.0 box.

Could I move the splitter and the hub 3.0 devices to the 2nd room? - is the signal coming from the white wall socket and cable the same for room 1 and room 2?

I want to relocate the Hub 3.0 so it's nearer more wireless devices as the signal is weak beyond 1 wall.

Also.. I did just buy an asus ac66u b1 router, but the signal is just as weak as the Hub 3.0. I did just update the firmware on the asus - could I expect the signal to have improved (not re tested it yet)? 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 off second tivo wall socket

Did you put the Hu3 into modem mode and then connect the Asus?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
VM12345678
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes the Hub 3.0 was in modem mode

0 Kudos
VM12345678
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Could I move the splitter and the hub 3.0 devices to the 2nd room? - is the signal coming from the white wall socket and cable the same for room 1 and room 2?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I would say in principle yes. But it might affect the power levels on the Hub3 if the co-ax cables are of different lengths and/or if there are any attenuators in place on connections - are there?

I would say then, just try it and see - you can always reverse lt to go back to where you were.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos