Menu
BiancaK
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 no good

wifi connectivity unstable for video calls even with only one device connected in the middle of the night

rang virgin, they did a “reset”

Problems again, intermittent connectivity, all devices and can be right next to the router. And not just for video calls, general browsing problematic too 

no internet issues reported in my area, whenever these things happen

ethernet cable (tried 2 cables) worsened the problem around  stability

i had no issues for a time, now all of this, the box is less than 6 months old, i think it’s just malfunctioning. They won’t send a replacement, what am i to do?

Called this morning, they fobbed us off saying is the Frequency we’re on. I can’t see that being the issue with only one device being connected (and Ethernet not working and no reported issues in the area) but could someone tell me if 5g or 2g is better?

For what I’m paying, and what i could lose this is awful. All my work is at one end of month. Each time we call, they give us an unfair or unrealistic answer (go buy an Ethernet cable, well the box is less than 6 months old the wifi should work; its multiple devices causing issues, well only one was attached...)

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 no good

So do wired connections work or not?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 no good

Hi BiancaK,

Thanks for your post and a big welcome to the Community. It's great having you on board with us.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with your broadband. I'm happy to take a look in to things but I've been unable to locate your account via your forum credentials. I will need to confirm some information with you in order for me to proceed with checks. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos