cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 channel setup issues

uhohmono
Tuning in

Hi

I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same issue as myself. I have disabled channel optimisation aka Smart WIFI, however, the device will stay only for a few seconds on the channels I select and then change on its own. 

The issue is recent and quite frustrating. It used to work just fine up until few days ago.

any advice?

thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@uhohmono wrote:

I've looked everywhere but I can't seem to find this setting? I've tried the app and the website, but I can only find account settings? Could you guide me a bit more on where to find this? Thank you in advance.

Login via the website. Go to Account Settings (with the cog icon). Then select “WiFi Hotspots”. This will take you to your profile page. Scroll down to the My Services section & you will see two radio buttons which either opt you in or out of the hotspot network.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

g0akc
Problem sorter

Do a factory reset 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi uhohmono,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with the connection.

Can you confirm if you've tried a pin-hole reset as advised?

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex.

Thank you for your response. I have done a reset and it worked for a bit on the channels I've selected, however, now it's doing the same, even tho channel optimisation is off and I've manually  selected them.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Power off the hub completely for a few minutes. Then let it boot up & change to the desired channels. I have had similar behaviour to what you describe a few times, & doing a proper cold start of the hub usually fixes it.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I've disabled the 2.4 Ghz network and now it seems to stay on the desired channel. Thank you.

Do you happen to know if there is any way to stop Virgin Media broadcasting their own hotspot AP from the router?

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@uhohmono wrote:

Do you happen to know if there is any way to stop Virgin Media broadcasting their own hotspot AP from the router?

You can disable it by signing in to MyVirginMedia & changing the settings. It can take a while for it to take effect, & be prepared that it may change your manual settings again.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've disabled the 2.4 Ghz network and now it seems to stay on the desired channel”

I presume then it was the 5GHz channel that was changing. By any chance were you using a DFS channel and radar was detected and the hub would then switch to a non DFS channel as required by legislation. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

I've looked everywhere but I can't seem to find this setting? I've tried the app and the website, but I can only find account settings? Could you guide me a bit more on where to find this? Thank you in advance.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/the-5ghz-wireless-band tells you which are the DFSchannels. It’s not a setting, you just select the channel.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2