Menu
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 11 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 Wifi Drops

Wall of red can be due to a few things. Your i.p. address may have changed and not be the same as that you put into the BQM originally - try that first.

Ckeck that the hub is set to accept pings - look in.... Advanced Settings > Advanced > Ping > Respond to ICMP echo requests sent to WAN IP - is ticked.

finally do you have your own router or just the Hub? If your own look for the ping setting in that.

Finally it may be the Hub3 playing up 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
pajmaul
Tuning in
Message 12 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi, wall of red again but I don't seem to have the advanced ping option under advanced settings. I have looked under all the other options too. It's the virgin hub 3.0 I'm using as router.

I'm thinking of just biting the bullet and getting the mesh system you originally suggested! 

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 13 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi pajmaul,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear about the problems that you've been having.

Thanks to jbrennand for all your help so far!

pajmaul, I'll just need to confirm a few details with you via Private Message. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your page.

Thanks,

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos