Menu
dominictoon
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 Settings Password not working

I've seen quite a few posts about this from 2018/2019 but there have not been any solutions that have yet worked. I'm trying to access my router and even after a factory reset the password on the box is not working. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 3.0 Settings Password not working

assuming you're using the "settings" password from the sticker, and not the wifi password, then I've seen posts around here suggesting that it can take several resets to make it work - i can't explain why this is the case, or tell you how many resets, only that I've seen other people suggest it and for it to work..

also worth noting that the online instructions for resetting it aren't correct, with the hub switched on, you need to depress the reset button for a full, timed, 60 seconds, then release it and leave the hub to sort itself out (i.e. don't switch it off...) give it 10 mins or so then try logging in again.. 

if you still can't get into it, then you'll need a new hub i guess - you can either call it in, or wait around here for one of the forum staffers to pick it up and hopefully arrange for a new router to be sent out..

dominictoon
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 Settings Password not working

Thanks! Yes I guess time was all that was needed - I gave up with what I was doing and did a 60 second reset before bed, tried to do what i wanted this morning and yep it worked! Thanks for the help!