cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to talk to a human to fix my internet

internetdown989
On our wavelength

My internet doesn't work. When I call in it says there are issues and that I should reset my hub. I reset the hub and it still doesn't work. When I call back in, it puts me through the same automated system and I go through it all over again. I just want to speak to a human who can fix the problem, dispatch an engineer, send a new router if necessary, etc. This has been going on for days. Its pretty ridiculous. I try to trick the automated system into somehow getting an operator on the phone, but it's impossible.

How do I speak to a human that can practically discuss the issue?

25 REPLIES 25

conman33158
Super solver

Best to ring Virgin on or just after 8am on 0345 454 1111 or alternatively you can wait here for a Virgin staff member to pick it up, but unfortunately this will typically be between 5-10 days, sometimes sooner, sometimes later depending on how busy they are. If you decide to call it in it will run through a few automated options and after that ring back again and it should recognise that you have rang previously and then put you in the queue for a Virgin representative.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - BT Full Fibre 900

Thanks. Appreciate the tip. Unfortunately, I've tried that. I thought if I called back in they would recognize its the same fault and redirect me. It does recognize the previous fault as you said -- but just puts me right back into the automated system and repeats the same process all over again.

Looks like its the 5-10 day strategy at the moment. Virgin's customer service doesn't exactly seem to be firing on all cylinders based on what I'm reading and experiencing.

Thanks again for input though. Much appreciated,

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Have you checked first for “known network faults”

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

If you like mate you can post up your router stats and we can take a look and see if anything is out of place 🙂

Type 192.168.0.1 or (192.168.100.1 if you have your Hub in Modem mode) into your address bar at the top of your browser

Do NOT log in, just click “Check Router Status” at the bottom of the page. Sometimes the “Check Router Status” is missing, in this case just go ahead and log in and go to Advanced Settings-> Tools-> Network Status.

Please copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream, Configuration and Network Log tabs, if you get a yellow warning just click the Post button again.

Do not try to fit everything in one post! You can use more than one post for each configuration tab if needed!

If you get a warning when you hit “Post” just hit “Post” again and it should work ok!

Please do not use screenshots

BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
My Broadband Ping - BT Full Fibre 900

Hi internetdown989

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies for the broadband issues.

I've checked the system today and there is planned maintenance going ahead as we speak. The reference is C01217097 and the estimated fix date is today at 3pm.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John,

This has been going on since last week. There was no planned maintenance last week when I checked your site. I only went onto this forum on Sunday as a last resort. I cannot get anyone from Virgin to contact me. The customer service at this point is horrendous to the point I have opened a complaint with Virgin and also CISAS. The fact that the only reply I can get is via this forum about sums it up.

I have done all the remote troubleshooting I can. I just need the internet up and running for work. As it has been for the previous 6 months of 2021.

This very much looks to be a hardware issue that requires replacement or a larger problem. I just need to get a credible, Virgin employed person to fix the issue. This is why I have a contract and pay Virgin. Can you have someone contact me? Or, provide a means to contact a person -- your 0345454111 numbers just leads to an automated, never ending routine of pressing buttons without ever letting me speak to a person or providing an alternative to fixing the problem.

p.s. I'm assuming that John actually works for Virgin. Apologies for the rant if this is an innocent bystander in the community who was just trying to help/and or do the job of Virgin customer services.

I did try these things. There were no known issues. The automated system said I had a problem, but that they would resend the signal and I should reboot the router. Which I did several times, but never worked.

Just need to speak to someone from Virgin and that doesn't seem to happen. Have had to open a complaint with CISAS and all.

Appreciate the efforts to help though.

John_GS,

This problem has been going on since last week. I only raised this on the forum on Sunday as a last resort. There was no planned maintenance last week when I called and used the website.

The issue at this point is my internet is not working as it should. It has worked for the last 6 months and now has stopped suddenly. I have done all the remote troubleshooting I can and should have to do. I require the internet for work. I need to speak with a Virgin employee who has credible understanding on how to fix the issue. This is why I pay Virgin for internet. 

The customer service from Virgin at this point has been horrendous. Whenever I call the 0345454111 number it just puts me into a never ending automated system where all I do is press buttons, reboot signals, get told everything will work. Of course it doesn't, which means I then have to call back which puts me through the whole automated system again.

I have filed a complaint with both Virgin and CISAS. Can you have someone contact me, or provide me with a number to someone who can actually fix the issue?

P.S. Apologies for the rant if you are not a Virgin employee and instead are just an innocent member of the community who is just trying to help and do the job of Virgin customer services.

Complaints are useless with Virgin, I had one which was randomly closed after a month with an email saying "we couldn't contact you" which is utter nonsense and seems to be how they handle all complaints. 

I know you want to speak to a human at Virgin but can you describe your issue? Do you have router lights or any specific issues with the setup like just WiFi or nothing at all?