Menu
Joining in
Message 21 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to switch my router to 2.4ghz home wi fi network

Reading this thread, I too had this issue; however, this is what I have done and works a treat and retains any advantages of auto channel selection. Mainly thanks to the comments you have made here.

I followed your instructions up to a point however instead of splitting and renaming I basically turned of the 5, then set up all of my lights and sockets that similarly only work on 2.4 while the 5 channel was off. Then turned the 5 back on. All working perfectly.  This option is available on the wireless page also.  Thank you for your initial advice to the struggling chap👍🏼

Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 22 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Forget Youtube.

Have you followed the instruction jbrennand gave you?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson

Ex UK Armed Forces
Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 23 of 24
Flag for a moderator

How do I switch between the 2 ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 24 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Follow the instruction given earlier on here bud, you can then turn each on and off as you please on one of the screens. Other than that the router switches devices by itself depend on the optimum connection for the device and signal.  I think. 

0 Kudos